Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dragonflies everywhere!

In the summer our backyard is a buzz with hoards of hovering dragonflies! Its largely due to a nice little pond we built and all of the flowers and such which draw in more then enough for 1000s of dragonflies to consume. This is perfectly fine with us because the guys have a special place in our harts, something of a spiritual creature in our own little mythos. I drew one that landed on a stalk of corn a while back and I'm missing my backyard friends right now so I post while we sit moving firmly into Spring here.



I have also suddenly realized that I have never posted my art work here and it seems especially remiss since I list sketching as one of my blogs interests AND the drawing is garden related. Time to get on that eh? I have a few more garden related works to post so more will follow!

No comments: